Please call 281-897-6066 if you are unable to keep your appointment or to reschedule.
TESTING WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 1 – 1.5 HOURS.
The following medications MAY NOT BE TAKEN WITHIN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TEST:
- SEDATIVES/SLEEP MEDICATIONS: ex: Ambien, Lunesta
- ANTI-DIZZINESS medications: ex: Antivert, Meclizine, Scopolamine patches
- MUSCLE RELAXANTS
***If you are taking one of the above medications, please contact our nursing staff immediately.
PLEASE DO NOT STOP YOUR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE (HYPERTENSION) OR HEART MEDICATION, OR ANTI-DEPRESSANT, OR SEIZURE MEDICATION, OR PAIN MEDICATION.
You should continue to take your high blood pressure and/or heart medication, seizure medication, pain medication, and/or anti-depressant on the day of the test just as you would on any other day.
To ensure accurate testing and minimize your time spent for this test, please observe the following as well:
- NO ALCOHOL should be consumed 24 hours before the test.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK 3 hours prior to the test
- NO MAKEUP OR MOISTURIZERS. It is advisable to not wear contact lenses to the test. Bring eyeglasses if needed.
- PLAN TO HAVE SOMEONE DRIVE YOU HOME AFTER THE TEST as some patients experience dizziness and are unable to drive.