This year’s Halloween was supposed to be the best of the best. How often do we get to enjoy this spooky night of revelry on a Saturday? Then COVID reared its ugly little head. Another forced celebration away from the masses.
But do not fret. We have some fun alternatives to going out and exposing yourself to the elements and the virus. No need to sulk with these creative ideas to enjoy the frightening holiday.
- At Home Haunted House – We’re skipping the lines this year and bringing the fright home. Assign each family member a room to spook up and do a family tour. In the end, vote on who had the scariest redecorating ideas.
- Social Media Costume Contest – There’s no need to keep it in the family. Invite friends to an online costume parade. Make fun costume categories: most creative, scariest, funniest, etc. Don’t miss out on each others’ creative sartorial choices.
- Spooky Recipe Night – Find some scary but yummy recipes on the internet. Make them together, and enjoy watching each other eat brains!
- Tell Ghost Stories – Turn off the lights and gather round, children. Freak each other out with the scariest stories you’ve heard from the past. If you can’t recall, no worries. The internet will hook you up.
- Pumpkin Carving Contest – It’s pretty self-explanatory, but if you haven’t had a chance to demolish a pumpkin yet, let Halloween be the night. Save the seeds for this yummy pumpkin seed recipe.
Don’t let the pandemic devour another fun weekend. You can still celebrate witches, mummies, and vampires safely within your own four walls. Be safe this Halloween!